Feeling disconnected from the kids who make up your front-line staff? Read this book — a fascinating exploration of the attitudes and ideas held by 16- to 24-year-olds about life and work. Understanding what makes that group tick can mean the difference between a strong bottom line or being stuck in the dreaded turnover cycle of hire-train-hire-train. Named by Quick-Service Restaurants as the Best HR Tool in 2005, Getting Them to Give a Damn reveals management lessons and techniques that leading-edge employers are using to harness Gen Y energy and techno-savvy, including how to:
- Find and recruit the nest “kidployees” as front-line workers.
- Use new training techniques to transform “kidployees” into caring and committed loyalists.
- Implement effective management strategies to increase each young worker’s “give a damn” factor.
- Dramatically reduce costly turnover.
- Establish cutting-edge “cool” recognition and reward programs to inspire high performance.