2015 INDIEFAB Book of the Year Award Winner
On Fire at Work flies in the face of other books on workplace culture by showing that employee engagement isn’t the ultimate goal—it’s just the starting point.
Eric Chester has gone straight to the source—the founders, CEOs and presidents of the world’s best places to work—to uncover their best practice strategies for getting employees to work harder, perform better, and stay longer. On Fire at Work contains insights and examples from more than 25 of these exclusive interviews.
Companies profiled include Marriott, Siemens Industrial, 7-Eleven, Canadian WestJet, Ben & Jerry’s, and The Container Store, along with small to mid-sized companies like Firehouse Subs, the Nerdery, and Build-A-Bear. The guiding principle is that any organization in any industry—from Fortune 500 firms to mom-and-pop shops—can attract the best available talent and get every employee to bring their best effort to the job every single day.
This practical field guide is chock-full of actionable ideas for business owners, executives, HR professionals and managers:
- Ways to attract and keep the best available talent in any industry
- Little known but highly effective strategies for increasing productivity and performance
- Tools for developing and leading successful, cohesive teams
- Positive actions managers can take to foster a long-term productive work environment
- Steps leaders can take right now to improve workplace culture